Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 7 - Final Project

Final project link

http://sites.google.com/site/kimhollmanelearningportfolio/blog--e-assessment/final-project--personal-change--webinar


Self- Reflection on Project

Three aspects of the project were especially creative or of distinguishable quality.

  • By providing additional information to the project that was not required, significantly contributed to a well-rounded project and distinguishable quality. By adding webpages on copyright, plagiarism, prevention of plagiarism, and Course Management Systems (CMS), I provided the reader the option to dig deeper into certain topics and provided a great future reference tool. I also included five assessments instead of four, and included five objectives instead of four learning objectives.
  • Using five assessment tools that were not reviewed previously by mid-term projects and were limited due to what was available in the CMS was challenging and took some creativity. I have only taught one short course online and was not familiar with the tools in Blackboard, which made the final project an extremely meaning learning experience for me. Analyzing the capabilities of each tool, made the selection of the tools easier. I felt using the survey to create a visual of items the user has control over or does not have control over, I believe is a creative use of the survey tool.
  • Choosing a one-hour webinar course that is an independent study was also challenging and took some creativity. Much of our course work for online is focused on collaborative learning and the Personal Change Management Course is specifically designed for independent study. Using journaling in an independent study course where the facilitator is not truly active in course, posed some challenges to provide feedback. The solution was to provide typical responses to journaling entries reinforcing the ABC’s of Personal Change Management.


Specific improvements that are needed for the final submission.
I am waiting for my classmates’ review of my project to determine what improvements can be made for the final submission. One area I think needs improvement is the linking of pages. When the user reads the introduction page, the four assessment tools are listed at the end. When the user clicks on one, the user links to a separate page. If the user clicks the backarrow, the user will return to introduction page and continue to review the other assessment or the user could click on the subtab on the left. I don't know if I should also provide the links to the other three assessments at the bottom of the page. Placing a 13-page document onto separate webpages was challenging to determine the organization and linking. I am looking forward to my classmates’ comments on the organization of the webpages.

After reviewing the sites of a few of my classmates, one improvement that can be made to my site is adding active links of examples.


No comments:

Post a Comment